both Old souls come together as soulmates. Could you and your soulmate possibly be two old souls that have come together in spiritual union? Many soulmates have encounter one another over numerous life times, chances are one or both of you are old souls. So what is an old soul and how can you recognize if you or your partner are old souls?
10 SIGNS YOU AND YOUR SOULMATE ARE OLD SOULS
1. You can see the forest through the trees.You don’t get caught up in the little things nor sweat the small stuff. You’re conscious of the bigger plan and how we are all a part of that plan. You’re aware of how everything you do can affect everything and everyone else. You understand we are all pieces of a much bigger picture.
2. You gravitate toward more mature people, especially when younger. Relating to people your age is difficult and you move toward an older crowd or older people. You welcome the wisdom and experiences of older people and find them easier to talk with and relate to. This causes you to feel different or not fit in with your peers. From a young age you express wisdom, depth and maturity beyond your years.
3. You focus on quality, not quantity. You don’t need material goods to feed your ego or elevate your social status. You’re more concerned with the quality of the company you keep, rather than the number of friends you have. Old souls treasure good friends, which are usually only a few. And acquaintances don’t mean as much to you. You’re looking for people you can relate to, rather than just pass the time with. If there is no one currently around who you can relate to, you prefer to be alone. Superficiality in people is a major turn off to old souls. It may be hard for you to find true friends and would rather hang out in smaller circles than big crowds.
4. You’re comfortable being alone than the average person. Old souls embrace their time alone to better understand themselves, understand others, seek wisdom, and enjoy solitary activities. Of course you can feel lonely, but you have the ability to entertain yourselves rather than need to be entertained by others.
5. You have, at one time or another, felt as if you don’t belong. Seeing and feeling how different you are makes you feel very alone and misunderstood. You may find yourself wishing you were more like everyone else. Others may have labeled you as a weirdo because you seem out of place. Old souls may have a hard time growing up due to labels put upon them by others, especially when younger.
6. You will know yourself better than others. Because of the time and energy you expend going deep within yourselves, you accept who you are. Because you know who you are. Old souls are more willing to acknowledge strengths and weaknesses at an earlier age. This leads to self-acceptance and awareness at an earlier age as well.
7. Old souls often find themselves connecting strongly with history. Architecture, art and ruins from certain time period connect with them quite deeply. It can also be a sign of an old soul when a country they have never been to before feels like home to them because they may have been there in one or more past lives.
8. Spirituality, religions and a life purpose are interesting to old souls. You dabble in different religions or philosophies until you find what speaks to you. You’re hungry for knowledge and steadfast on a quest to find more meaning to life. Deeper relationships with people and meaning in every day experiences drive you.
9. Old souls are more aware of time. Where many let time pass us by, you tend to be more aware of how you spend your time. You want to fill your time on earth with important experiences, people and knowledge. You don’t like to waste time and feel their isn’t enough time to accomplish all you want to. There’s pressure to get things done and have more of a sense of urgency than others.
10. People gravitate toward old souls when seeking wisdom. You’re easier to talk to and offer wisdom others feel rings true. Many old souls speak in a way others find soothing, comforting and non-judgmental. They feel like they’re talking to an old friend or someone who really understands what they are going through.
If you recognize yourself or your soulmate in the signs listed above, one or both of you may be an old soul. It may be a fun experience to discuss historical interests, time periods and places to see where the intersection of your lives appear before. Perhaps it will provide some clarity to your current relationship and understand your soulmate contract with one another.
Originally posted on July 9, 2015 @ 6:16 pm