There are several different stages of soulmate relationships. Contrary to popular belief, not every soulmate couple will go through every stage. In some cases, the stages will not be necessary. All soulmate relationships are unique, so it stands to reason that not all the stages would apply. Here are the stages of soulmate relationships, and why some couples may skip that stage.
1) The first of the stages of soulmate relationships comes when one, or both have a spiritual awakening. They want something more from their relationships, and want to connect on a deeper level. They are no longer looking for superficial compatibility, they yearn for a spiritual connection. Believe it or not, it is rare that both soulmates are looking for a soulmate at the same time. More often than not, only one is, and the other either does not believe in soulmates or has no idea such a thing exists. Sometimes neither one of them is awakened to the idea of soulmates. This is why many soulmate couples do not experience this stage.
2) The next stage, is the soulmates first encounter with one another. Regardless of how prepared either may be, the initial meeting is significant and overwhelming. The connection is immediately recognized, even if it cannot be articulated.
3) The soulmate whirlwind is stage three. This is when they both are open to the connection, accept it, and are enjoying the experience. The emotions and relationship move very quickly, and it is as if they are the only two people in the world. They are experiencing love on another level. Not every soulmate gets to stage three as stage three. Sometimes, after the initial meeting, one, or both skip right to another stage, if they choose to deny the connection or run from the connection out of fear. Most soulmate couples do get to this stage though, before they run or sabotage the relationship.
4) Questioning the connection stage is the fourth stage. At the beginning, they both may have allowed themselves to get swept away in their fairytale romance. At some point, almost all soulmates question the connection. They want to know if what their feeling is real. They question if what they are feeling is normal. They question why they feel so much so fast and so deep. They question if it is all in their mind. They question if the connection is one sided. This is a very dangerous stage because this stage often leads to the runner stage. It can also be the reason one or both soulmates allow fear to grow instead of faith. This leads to dysfunctional soulmate relationships.
5) The next stage is the sabotage phase. Many times when soulmates question the connection, they invariably test the connection. They try to see what they can get away with, believing that if their soulmate is really their soulmate they can get away with murder. It is a very bad idea to let them believe that. Now is the time to create and enforce boundaries. Get your fears in check and get your faith in order. If your soulmate breaks things off for no reason, tells you they are suddenly unsure of their feelings, or acting out in any abnormal way, don’t feed into it. Don’t create bad patterns of behavior that will be extremely difficult to change down the line. Now is the time for both of you to be strong and not feed into, or reward, insecurities. Not all soulmates go through this stage. Some soulmates are so grateful to have been blessed with their soulmate they would never dream of allowing their fears or insecurities to interfere.
6) Stage six is the hardest on soulmate couples. This is the soulmate runner and chaser stage. Thanks to stage three (and often stage 4) one or both of the soulmates run from the connection. They simply cannot handle the intensity of the connection and lack of control over their emotions. They do not believe they are ready to surrender to the connection so they choose to deny it and run for the hills. The other soulmate, devastated of course, chases them trying to convince them to return. Or, they allow their soulmate to come into their lives over and over again. Only to run again, over and over again. Again, not all soulmates go through this stage, but most experience this stage at some point in their relationship. How long the soulmate separation lasts, and the damage it causes, is up to the couple and the choices they make.
7) In stage the soulmates learn their lessons, regardless of wether they do it together, or apart. Every soulmate couple has something left to learn, or they would be twin flames. At some point they have to learn those lessons or they cannot get to stage 8 which is…..
8) Stage 8 is when the lessons have been learned and are applied. The couple has risen above lower level emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. They are a couple of strength and power. They are grateful for the connection they share and can get through anything together. Their relationship is harmonious and equally balanced.
What have been your experiences in the stages of soulmate relationships? What stage do you find yourself currently in? We would love to hear from you in our comments section.