Steps to get closure from a soulmate relationship start with you. You do not need your soulmate to give you closure, you can take the steps all by yourself. Since you are taking steps to get closure from a soulmate relationship, it would be rational to think your soulmate isn’t being co-operative right now. It is doubtful they would help you take the steps you need towards closure at this point. Also keep in mind your soulmate may not really want you to get closure, regardless of what they are saying to you. The good thing is you don’t need them for closure. Here is what you can do to begin your path towards closure.
5 Steps to Get Closure from a Soulmate Relationship
1. The first step to get closure from a soulmate relationship is to realize is that you are not in control of it, or the connection you share. You have to cease all efforts to control what your soulmate does, thinks as well as getting them to learn their lessons. You have to stop trying, talking and begging. You have to stop obsessing about how to sever the connection between the two of you. You are connected and will always be connected, but that does not mean you have to suffer in the future like you did in the past because of this connection. You can get closure without cutting off the connection. Many people have done it and so can you.
2. The next step to get closure from a soulmate relationship is to cut off all forms of communication, and ways of seeing into one another’s lives. Cut them off from social media. They don’t need to see what you are up to and you sure as hell don’t need to see what they are up to. Block them from calling, texting or emailing you. Don’t open the door if they stop by. Don’t contact them on holidays such as birthdays, etc. If you hear news of something happening in their lives or with their family, don’t do anything. It is not your place anymore. It is not your job to be supportive anymore. Focus on your life, not theirs. Rebuild your life, don’t worry about theirs. Leave them alone.
3. Don’t focus on scenarios you create about the future, or relive the past. The past is gone, no sense in rehashing it, you have to deal with the present only. Don’t think about what might be in the future or what you would say to them in the future. Don’t daydream about them coming back, being sorry or having regrets. This helps you to stay stuck and actually keeps you from getting the closure you seek. When and if they pop back into the picture down the line, deal with it then. You can’t know where you will be in your life, heart, and mind then, so stop the guessing games and leave it for when/if it happens.
4. Don’t try to get into a new relationship right away or get depressed because you cannot find a new relationship right away. You need time to heal and create a distance from your soulmate first before any new relationship really has a shot at working out well. Be honest with yourself and only start dating when you are emotionally available, not still emotionally wounded.
5. Yes, your soulmate will pop into your head now and again, whether you like it or not. Don’t let that get you down or make you feel like closure will be impossible. Just let those thoughts come and go, don’t dwell on them. Push past them however you have to. Eventually they will pop into your head less and less. It just doesn’t go away all at once, but the frequency will slow down if you put in the work and block it or toss those thoughts aside without giving them energy.
Whether you are seeking temporary closure or permanent closure from a soulmate relationship, the steps are the same. You don’t even have decide if it is permanent or temporary right now. But if your soulmate is causing you too much pain and you can’t take it anymore, taking the steps to get closure can give you some relief from your agony.
You may also want to check out Ending Your Soulmate Relationship