Can you fix a dysfunctional relationship? Not all dysfunctional relationships need to stay broken. The first step is to recognize that you are in a dysfunctional relationship.
THE FIRST STEP IS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Quite frankly, is surprises us, how many folks believe they are in a normal relationship. But in fact, it is severely dysfunctional. If your relationship is way out of control, without boundaries or respect, it is a dysfunctional. Arguing instead of talking means your relationship is broken. When you realize you’re completely miserable, it is time to accept that you are in a dysfunctional relationship.
Once you acknowledge you’re living a dysfunctional mess you need to see what you can do to turn it around. Forget about waiting for him to have an epiphany of some sort. Some dysfunctional relationships can’t be saved. Period. No amount of time, energy, effort or tears will change the dynamics. Even though you want to fix it will all your heart it. But it’s possible to save some, unless too much damage was done while both parties simply “hoped” things would change.
HOW TO BRING AN END TO THE CRAZINESS
- Stop fighting with your soulmate.
- Don’t allow resentments and hurt build and destroy the relationship.
- Take control and begin to create change in your relationship instead of waiting for change to happen.
- Don’t make excuses because it’s a soul connection.
- Stop stooping to lower behavior. And instead, empower yourself to get the relationship you want.
- Don’t hold on to a dysfunctional relationship that will never change. Let go and find the right relationship.
- Just say no to being treated like a doormat, taken for granted, or verbally abused.
- Stop waiting for him to decide to commit. Get him to commit if it is possible. If it isn’t, let go and move on to someone willing to commit.
- Don’t obsess when your relationship will go to the next level. Find out how to move your relationship forward, or move on without it.
Just because you are in a soulmate relationship you do not have to endure it when things go south. So many times folks sacrifice their own personal happiness by staying because they are with their soulmate. Some dysfunctional relationships can change for the better. If yours is one of them, what are you waiting for? Haven’t you suffered enough?
Sophia Elise and Lady Sarah will help you take control to turn your dysfunctional relationship around. We will see if anything can to be done to fix it. Instead of acting out, take action. If you want things to change in your relationship you have to take the first step.
Originally posted on June 11, 2013 @ 11:14 am