Instability seems to be a common problem in soulmate relationships due to the challenging nature these relationships often bring into our lives. If you are in soulmate relationship, or have been in one in the past, we can pretty much guarantee there was instability at some point in your relationship.
One of the most common ways a soulmate relationship becomes unstable is when one or both partners are having issues with the connection. Many people find it weird and unsettling to be that bonded to another person in ways they have never experienced. The feelings and synchronicities are unexplainable, perhaps even foreign, because they are unlike anything felt before.
It is hard to deal with these feelings at levels never before experienced. It makes many question their own sanity. So it is easy to see why soulmates often resort to simply denying the connection exists. The instability will remain until that soulmate works through and accepts the connection and the foundation of the relationship suffers.
More often than not when a soulmate is in denial, they often become a runner. Everything can be going perfectly between the two of you but the soulmate will still be a runner. In some cases they will drop off the face of the earth, out of the blue, without even a warning or conversation. Communication ceases, they won’t see you and may even can block you from social media. So when the soulmate relationship should be building a strong foundation, the resisting of the bond creates instability, causing the relationship to go into soulmate limbo. Please check our other article, Soulmate Limbo Sucks, to gain some insight in how to deal with this issue.
Soulmates are often very fiery, and both their love and their arguments will be infused with passion. The levels of love and affection are often matched by the levels of acting out and fighting. Disagreeing on such levels also causes a lot of instability in the relationship. They can do things to each other that you would swear people who love each other could possibly do. On the flip side, they forgive each other for behaviors that others would seem unforgivable.
They may themselves be struggling with the intensity of the relationship so it’s very possible they understand what the other is going through. Since many do not want to lose their soulmate, they let them get away with anything and everything. They are afraid if they take a stand and insist they air out their differences in more healthy ways, their soulmate may leave. What they don’t seem to get, no matter how many times we explain it, is that if they allow bad behavior without consequences, it will be recurring, and become much worse.
This causes the relationship stagnate and this instability does a lot of damage. What they are trying to save they are actually causing to deteriorate. Their worst fear, losing their soulmate, is going to manifest because they won’t do the right thing for themselves and the relationship.
When a relationship is unhealthy it gets to a point where it is mostly negative and often ends. In every relationship the couple is supposed to set healthy boundaries and enforce them. If they do not, the relationship gets more and more dysfunctional and unstable. It has no choice but to eventually come crashing down around them. Drama, acting out, cheating, game playing, and staying in a previous relationship are all causes of soulmate instability. Those bad behaviors and actions need to be changed or the relationship will never be the harmonious one they both know it can be.
Is your soulmate an old soul? Could you possibly be two old souls that have come together as a soulmate couple? Because many soulmates have encountered one another over numerous life times, chances are one or both of you could be old souls. So what is an old soul and how can you recognize if you or your partner are old souls?
10 Signs You or Your Soulmate are Old Souls
1. The first sign of an old soul is that they can see the forest through the trees. They tend to not get caught up in the little things nor sweat the small stuff. They are more conscious of the bigger plan and how we are all a part of that plan. Old souls are aware of how everything they do can affect everything and everyone else. Old souls understand we are all pieces of a much bigger picture.
2. Old souls tend to gravitate toward more mature people, especially when they are younger. They may have a hard time relating to people their age and move towards an older crowd or older people. They welcome the wisdom and experience of older people and find them much easier to talk with and relate to. This may cause them to feel different or not fit in with their peers. From a young age an old soul will express wisdom, depth and maturity beyond their years.
3. Old souls tend to focus on quality, not quantity. They do not need material goods to feed their ego or elevate their social status. They are more concerned with the quality of the company they keep, rather than the number of friends they have. Old souls treasure their good friends, which are usually only a few, and acquaintances do not mean as much to them. They are looking for people they can relate to, rather than just pass the time with. If there is no one currently around them who they can relate to, an old soul would prefer to be alone. Superficiality in people is a major turn off to old souls. It may be hard for old souls to find true friends and they would rather hang out in smaller circles than big crowds.
4. Another sign of an old soul is they seem more comfortable being alone than the average person. Old souls embrace their time alone to better understand themselves, understand others, seek wisdom, and enjoy solitary activities. Of course old souls can feel lonely, but they seem to have the ability to entertain themselves rather than need to be entertained by others.
5. Old souls have at one time or another felt as if they do not belong. They see and feel how different they are, and it makes them feel very alone and misunderstood. Many old souls have found themselves at one time or another wishing they were more like everyone else. Other people may have labeled the old soul as a weirdo or strange because they just seem out of place. Old souls can have a hard time growing up due to those labels put upon them by others, especially when they were younger.
6. Old souls quite often know themselves better than others. Because of the time and energy they expend going deep within themselves, they can accept who they are because they know who they are. Old souls seem more willing to acknowledge their strengths and weaknesses at an earlier age. This can lead to self acceptance and awareness at an earlier age as well.
7. An old soul often finds themselves connecting strongly with history. Architecture, art and ruins from certain time period connect with them quite deeply. It can also be a sign of an old soul when a country they have never been to before feels like home to them because they may have been there in one or more past lives.
8. Spirituality, religions and their life’s purpose are of interest to old souls. They may find themselves dabbling in different religions or philosophies until they find what speaks to them. They are hungry for knowledge and steadfast on their question to find more meaning to life. They look for deeper relationships with people and look for meaning in every day experiences.
9. Old souls can tend to be more aware of time. Where many of us let time pass us by, old souls tend to be more aware of how they spend their time. They look to filling their time on earth with what they feel are important experiences, people and knowledge. Old souls do not like to waste their time and can feel there is not enough time to accomplish all they want to. They may feel the pressure to get things done and have more of a sense of urgency than others.
10. People tend to gravitate towards old souls when seeking wisdom. Old souls are easier to talk to and offer wisdom others feel rings true. Many old souls have a way of speaking that others find soothing, comforting and non-judgmental. They feel as if they are talking to an old friend or someone who really understands what they are going through.
If you recognize yourself or your soulmate in the signs listed above, one or both of you may be an old soul. It may be a fun experience to discuss historical interests, time periods and places to see where the intersection of your lives appeared before. Perhaps it will provide some clarity to your current relationship and understand your soulmate contract with one another.
Contrary to popular belief, soulmates face a lot of relationship issues. In the real world, the Universe, or fate, does not step in to ensure a couple will stay together. That only happens in chick-flicks. Soulmates are not in our lives for a perfect romantic relationship. Soulmates are in our lives to provide personal growth and life lessons. Many people, who are involved with soulmates, are often surprised by the number of issues, problems and obstacles they encounter with their relationship. Based on our experience, we have compiled a list of issues soulmates need to be aware of when in a soulmate relationship.
1. Bad timing. Many soulmates have to deal with bad timing. If one or both partners are involved in other relationships when they meet, a bad timing issue is present. Another could be that the soul mates meet but one has to move across the country for work or family crisis. The time apart can be very challenging for one or both soulmates, and is a time that lessons emerge. We have to remember that we designed it before we were born, for a reason. That reason is the life lessons that come with the challenge.
2. Bad behavior. Soulmates are not always on their best behavior. As a matter of fact, it is usually quite opposite. For example, one or both soulmates could have an addiction to drugs, sex or alcohol. They could exhibit signs they only know how to be in dysfunctional relationships. There could also be self-destructive behavior or bad behavior stemming from unresolved past issues. In order for the relationship to grow and evolve, each of the soulmates will need to evolve and change.
3. Denial. When a connection between soulmates is too intense for one or both to handle, denial comes in handy. They can and will do everything they can to disprove the connection exists. When this occurs they can actually block all contact with their soulmate. In their minds it is somehow easier to deny the connection rather than accept and the soulmate relationship. This is a difficult issue to deal with because you will still very much feel that open soulmate connection. But the other soulmate does not mirror it back but tucks it away and refuses to acknowledge it.
4. Disappearing acts. Soulmates are very good at disappearing and can actually do so quite frequently. Soulmates can disappear, and reappear, many times during the length of a soulmate connection. The real key here is to understand why it is happening but also how you manage yourself during the disappearing acts. When a soulmate is missing in action for weeks or months at a time it can be quite frustrating. When it happens again and again, it can destroy the connection between soulmates once and for all.
5. Love triangles. Quite often soulmates have a problem with interference from another man or woman. It could be a previous relationship that has not fully resolved, or a new relationship that creates a diversion from dealing with a soulmate relationship. There are many scenarios involving soulmates and love triangles. Unfortunately the damage done to soulmate relationships through love triangles can be astronomical.
6. Moving too fast. Often soulmates feel they have known each other forever, and feel comfortable very quickly. The soul level recognition between you creates that comfort and familiarity. Additionally, the sparks are flying and you want to feel and experience the connection as much as possible. Because of this, it is quite easy for relationships to develop way too quickly and move too fast. What was speeding along at 90 miles an hour can slow to a screeching halt at any moment. It can be very difficult for the intense emotions and connection to match the logical amount of time the couple has been together. This adjustment can cause major issues. One of the soulmates will slow down the connection in order to focus on normal life stuff. The other feels this subtle shift in energy, and can often panic and feel the relationship is coming to an end.
7. The highest highs and the lowest lows. Soulmates seem to feel and experience everything to the extreme. The good times are fantastic and the bad times are bloody awful. When things are going great and the connection is flowing, you feel as if you are on top of the world. When things are not flowing well between soulmates, you can become depressed, despondent, lazy, irresponsible, indolent and even manic. It is very important you find another outlet when things are low between soulmates and maintain a level of accountability for your life.
8. Fear. Some people, mostly the guys out there, are terrified by the overwhelming emotion in a soulmate connection. Soulmates must face their fears, as part of their soulmate contract. But what exactly is there to fear from a soulmate connection? Some soulmates fear a loss of control, fear trusting someone with their heart, fear the responsibility of being in a relationship, fear being accountable their soulmate partner, etc. These may not be fears to you, but to them they are very real. When soulmates are unable to face those fears, they can either run or deny the soulmate connection.
9. Unrealistic expectations. Many soulmates believe a soulmate is here for the duration and that they will stay together regardless of how they behave. They may believe they can do anything, or say anything, without affecting their soulmate relationship. They may even think it gives them carte blanche for screwing up. Nothing could be further from the truth. Not all soulmates stay together, and if you keep testing your connection, your soulmate may walk away for good.
10. Accepting unacceptable behavior. Because of the strong emotional and often empathic connection, soulmates can lose any semblance of reason or logic. You may find yourself tolerating behavior from a soulmate that you would NEVER tolerate from any person on earth. These behaviors can include, cheating, drinking, drug abuse, gambling and physical or emotional abuse. If you don’t tolerate this behavior from anyone else, how could you tolerate it from your soulmate? What is the lesson here? This will make for a highly dysfunctional relationship and one you would be ultimately very miserable in.
Sarah and Sophia are able to understand the hidden complexities, issues and concerns affecting soulmate relationships. If you are experiencing issues with your soulmate, Sarah and Sophia can guide you on what needs to be addressed to give your soulmate relationship a better chance of working out long-term.
Many times we are asked “How can I meet my soulmate?” If we believe in a truly limitless Universe, we must consider that the way our soulmate can enter our lives is limitless. Soulmate relationships are not something we create or find. Soulmate relationships are somewhat predestined or preordained, as a result of the karmic experiences we agree upon before being born. Soulmate relationships are not something we can seek while here on this earthly plane, but rather people who find each other when the time is right, as written in your soulmate contract. So it’s not so much a question of “How can I meet my soulmate?” but what is the Universe doing to bring them into your life.
When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soulmate exists, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life. ~~Arielle Ford
There is no How Can I Meet My Soulmate club or website. In reality there are not any meditations, visualizations or other metaphysical gimmicks you can do to draw your soulmate to you. You will either meet them in this lifetime… or you won’t. Remember this is something you agreed to experiencing before you were born so a soulmate relationship may not necessarily be part of you soul blue print for this lifetime. Please remember though that DOES NOT mean you will not have a fulfilling, connected, romantically intimate relationship for this lifetime. Actually, you may be better of in a romantic relationship that is not a soulmate relationship as it will not come with the challenges and difficulties associated with a soulmate partnership.
Now all this is well enough said but is there anything at all you can do to meet your soulmate? There are a few things that need to be in place for that soulmate connection to manifest in the earthly plane. First and foremost you need to be working on yourself. By this we mean not just floating through life and reacting to different things that happen to you. You must be focused on yourself. You must be growing, personally and spiritually and you must be taking a proactive approach to the evolution of your soul as you live on the planet.
Soulmates tend to find each other during their respective pursuits of their soul missions. ~ Linda Brady
Now we don’t mean that you need to involved with saving all sea lions or volunteering to feed the hungry children of Africa, although these are both worthwhile endeavors. We mean that you have to be focused on you and your soul’s growth. In other words, focus on why you are here on the planet, whatever that may be. For when you are doing this you are in perfect alignment with your soul blueprint and placing yourself in optimal positioning to meet your soulmate. Work on yourself. Work on your personal and spiritual development. This allows the Universe to see that you are working on your soul path and actually ready to have a soulmate encounter and experience.
COPYRIGHT 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Free will still comes into play in soulmate relationships. We all have free will. God gave it to us so that we can make the choices we want to make for our lives. So, that being said, if God gave us all free will, even soulmates have the right to exercise their own free will to decide whether or not they choose to remain in the relationship. There have been many times when clients have asked how soulmate relationships play out when there is Free Will involved. This is a catch-22, considering ti within the framework of the soulmate contracts we make with each other. Since it is a Soulmate relationship, there is a certain predestined or predetermined agreement that the two of you will meet during this life time. You decided this prior to coming onto the planet, with your guides and other “Universe administration”, when you completed your life contract or blue print, for this life. You and your soulmates agreed that you would meet during this lifetime to provide lessons, personal growth and soul advancement to each other during your journey on Earth.
From this perspective, we are not honoring Free Will because these soulmate meetings are predetermined. Either of you can, however, delay your meeting through your courses of action as well as other life decisions you make. This is where the exercise of Free Will is realized. It could be delayed, the meeting could take place at a different location or under a different set of circumstances, but the two soulmates would still meet. When there is a soulmate contract between two souls, the two souls are bound (as implied to a binding of their souls). For example, if Suzy and Bill are contracted to meet on May 1, 2012 to create a romantic relationship by crossing paths at McDonald’s at the airport in Austin, Texas but Bill decides, on a whim through exercising his Free Will, to extend his Belize vacation a few days because he was having a great time scuba diving. Does this mean they missed their opportunity to meet? Nope! I just means that their meeting will take place at a later time.
Because Bill and Suzy are soulmates and contracted to each other to meet and begin a romantic relationship, it will happen. In a way it is part of their destiny that is etched in stone. While everyone does have Free Will to decide the course of action they will take in their daily lives, a soul contract or soulmate relationship is one of those karmic associations and agreements that has a path of destiny attached to it. If you are contracted and destined to meet you will, you just may not know the when and how of it as each of you exercise your free will and choices along the path of your life. As many karmic situations in our lives, they can often occur with what I like to call the clock of God, the Universal clock, in other words divine timing. This essentially means probably no one, except maybe God/dess, will know exactly when the timing of the meeting of your soulmate relationship will be. It will happen according to God/dess plan and the plan that you wrote in your soulmate contract with your soulmate. In actuality you probably provided for several different options in terms of meeting each other, not forcing it to be fit into one time slot because to do so would have violated your free will. You will meet, relax and do something fun for awhile.
Do you want to know how free will could possibly affect your soulmate relationship? Do you need to know if your soulmate could exercise their free will and decide to permanently end your relationship or use their free will to come back to you? A psychic soulmate reading with soulmate psychics Lady Sarah and Sophia Elise can reveal any free will decisions your soulmate could made concerning your relationship. But dont’ worry, it will also reveal any free will decisions of your own that you could be making that you may not yet know about. Knowing what to expect in your soulmate relationship keeps you prepared for what is coming and keeps you on track as your soulmate works through their own issues.