When looking for their soul mate, some people meet a false soulmate instead. A false soulmate will have things in common with a real soulmate, and can make a someone believe they have actually found their soulmate.
A false soulmate can come into your life in what seems like a predestined way and have many of the soulmate signs. The connection with the false soulmate is an instantaneous connection that will also be experienced on deeper emotional and spiritual levels. The problem is that the false soulmate can drag you down to places you never thought you would go. A soulmate connection is a truly spiritual one, yet the energy vampires of the false soulmate are not spiritually evolved enough to experience a true soulmate partnership. Instead of growing and evolving to higher selves, they connect with someone to pull themselves down to their level, which invariably is based in the lower chakras.
A false soulmate, however, is a karmic connection that can help prepare someone for the arrival of their true soulmate. Soulmate relationships can be quite tricky, one cannot prepare fully for a soulmate’s arrival and the challenges and lessons that come with them in most cases. Sometimes a false soulmate can enter your life to help you avoid mistakes down the line with your true soulmate. So how can you tell the difference between a false soulmate and a real soulmate?
Characteristics of a False Soulmate Connection
1. At a certain point you feel emotionally, mentally, and/or physically drained because of your false soulmate. They drain you of all your energy, muddle your thoughts, and leave you feeling tired and unable to find the strength you need to focus on yourself. Everything revolves around them, and your life may begin to fall apart because you have no time or energy left to do the things you need to do for yourself. You do all the work in the relationship. You make all the concessions, show all, or most, of the love, affection, and compassion while they do little or nothing. They continue to take and take until you have nothing left to give, especially since you get little or nothing in return. A true soulmate relationship is one that lifts both partners up instead of tearing them down, and they support one another in a more evenly balanced way. But please keep in mind some soulmates can go overboard, and focus all their time and attention on their soulmate creating an unhealthy imbalance. This could be part of their lessons to be learned, and with true soulmates the situation can be rectified.
2. A false soulmate is often a manipulator. At the beginning they appear to be perfect. They say and do the right things, all in an effort to trap you. Once they feel you have fallen for them, and believe the illusion they created for you, the real them emerges. The person you thought was your soulmate is now someone else entirely. Now they won’t take your calls or answer your texts in a timely manner, if at all. They used to spend tons of time with you but now have very little, if any, time for you. The false soulmate will disappear out of the blue, leaving you feeling as if the rug has been pulled out from under you. The feelings they made you believe they have for you suddenly vanish into thin air. Now they are confused or unsure of those feelings. The false soulmate will feed off of your insecurities and the games they play with your mind and emotions.
3. A false soulmate will take everything you have to give until you have nothing left. They will turn you into a person you barely recognize. Once they feel you have nothing left to offer, the false sou mate will move on to their next victim. They will find another person they can charm into believing they are yet again, their soulmate. They may pop back into your life from time to time, to feed their ego and drain yours. They take pride in their ability to keep you interested and from moving on to your true soulmate by holding your heart in limbo.
4. Some false soulmates will have amazing chemistry and sexual connection to you. The false soulmate connection is often strictly sexual in nature. They don’t want a relationship with you, they just enjoy having sex with you. If you try to make it a real relationship, they will do everything in their power to fight it. You want more, but they don’t. Because of the strong sexual chemistry people often try to force a true soulmate connection, but you cannot create something that is not there. Not all great sexual partners are soulmates. A false soulmate can dangle a carrot in front of you, making you hope that if you keep having sex with them one day they will be ready for a real relationship, but that day will never come.
5. A false soulmate cannot maintain contact with you long-term. It is too difficult for a false soulmate to be around your spiritual energy. They have to crawl back into their darkness to feel safe, so expect a false soulmate to go MIA every now and again when they have had their fill of you. Once they require more from you, they will return to do it all over again if you allow them to. A true soulmate often runs, but their reasons for running have to do with the lessons they (or the couple) must work through, not for purely selfish reasons.
6. A false soulmate is not emotionally available to you. They may not show their feelings for you because they truly do not have any, which is different from a true soulmate who hides their feelings. A false soulmate is someone who you believe you have a connection with, but they know for a fact they have no connection with you at all. This false soulmate is something you created, not the universe, and that is why it won’t work out. The connection is not real, but imagined. They are not denying their feelings for you for whatever reason you made up. They are denying their feelings for you because they simply do not exist.
7. A false soulmate can take over your dreams. You may feel, upon awakening, as if what happened in your dream truly happened in real life. You may have tried to stop thinking about them when you are awake, but now they are coming to you in your dreams, loud and clear. You spend the day trying to analyze what the dream meant, and again you wind up feeling confused and drained. True soulmates can and do dream about one another, but not in an invasive way.
True soulmates can be easily confused with false soulmates so you have to be careful. It is one thing to go through all the drama that can come with a true soulmate relationship, but another to go through the drama of a false soulmate. A real soulmate is worth the hard lesson one must learn, but a false soulmate isn’t, because there can be no happy endings with a false soulmate.