10 Signs You or Your Soulmate are Old Souls
Is your soulmate an old soul? Could you possibly be two old souls that have come together as a soulmate couple? Because many soulmates have encountered one another over numerous life times, chances are one or both of you could be old souls. So what is an old soul and how can you recognize if you or your partner are old souls?
10 Signs You or Your Soulmate are Old Souls
1. The first sign of an old soul is that they can see the forest through the trees. They tend to not get caught up in the little things nor sweat the small stuff. They are more conscious of the bigger plan and how we are all a part of that plan. Old souls are aware of how everything they do can affect everything and everyone else. Old souls understand we are all pieces of a much bigger picture.
2. Old souls tend to gravitate toward more mature people, especially when they are younger. They may have a hard time relating to people their age and move towards an older crowd or older people. They welcome the wisdom and experience of older people and find them much easier to talk with and relate to. This may cause them to feel different or not fit in with their peers. From a young age an old soul will express wisdom, depth and maturity beyond their years.
3. Old souls tend to focus on quality, not quantity. They do not need material goods to feed their ego or elevate their social status. They are more concerned with the quality of the company they keep, rather than the number of friends they have. Old souls treasure their good friends, which are usually only a few, and acquaintances do not mean as much to them. They are looking for people they can relate to, rather than just pass the time with. If there is no one currently around them who they can relate to, an old soul would prefer to be alone. Superficiality in people is a major turn off to old souls. It may be hard for old souls to find true friends and they would rather hang out in smaller circles than big crowds.
4. Another sign of an old soul is they seem more comfortable being alone than the average person. Old souls embrace their time alone to better understand themselves, understand others, seek wisdom, and enjoy solitary activities. Of course old souls can feel lonely, but they seem to have the ability to entertain themselves rather than need to be entertained by others.
5. Old souls have at one time or another felt as if they do not belong. They see and feel how different they are, and it makes them feel very alone and misunderstood. Many old souls have found themselves at one time or another wishing they were more like everyone else. Other people may have labeled the old soul as a weirdo or strange because they just seem out of place. Old souls can have a hard time growing up due to those labels put upon them by others, especially when they were younger.
6. Old souls quite often know themselves better than others. Because of the time and energy they expend going deep within themselves, they can accept who they are because they know who they are. Old souls seem more willing to acknowledge their strengths and weaknesses at an earlier age. This can lead to self acceptance and awareness at an earlier age as well.
7. An old soul often finds themselves connecting strongly with history. Architecture, art and ruins from certain time period connect with them quite deeply. It can also be a sign of an old soul when a country they have never been to before feels like home to them because they may have been there in one or more past lives.
8. Spirituality, religions and their life’s purpose are of interest to old souls. They may find themselves dabbling in different religions or philosophies until they find what speaks to them. They are hungry for knowledge and steadfast on their question to find more meaning to life. They look for deeper relationships with people and look for meaning in every day experiences.
9. Old souls can tend to be more aware of time. Where many of us let time pass us by, old souls tend to be more aware of how they spend their time. They look to filling their time on earth with what they feel are important experiences, people and knowledge. Old souls do not like to waste their time and can feel there is not enough time to accomplish all they want to. They may feel the pressure to get things done and have more of a sense of urgency than others.
10. People tend to gravitate towards old souls when seeking wisdom. Old souls are easier to talk to and offer wisdom others feel rings true. Many old souls have a way of speaking that others find soothing, comforting and non-judgmental. They feel as if they are talking to an old friend or someone who really understands what they are going through.
If you recognize yourself or your soulmate in the signs listed above, one or both of you may be an old soul. It may be a fun experience to discuss historical interests, time periods and places to see where the intersection of your lives appeared before. Perhaps it will provide some clarity to your current relationship and understand your soulmate contract with one another.