Comparing soulmate relationships can be a big mistake. If you compare your soulmate relationship those in movies, television shows, or romance novels you are setting yourself up for a very frustrating experience. In the movies, television, and romance novels, soulmate relationships are often taken over the top and almost always have happy endings. Comparing the soulmate relationships you see everywhere else to your own soulmate experience can make you question the validity of your soulmate connection. Comparing your soul mate relationship to those of friends or family is a bad idea. Why?
Because just like snowflakes, each soulmate relationship is different. Additionally, timing is different in all soulmate relationships. Some soulmates meet early in life, some later in life. Some soulmates meet while they are both single, and some can meet while one or both are with different partners. Some soulmates meet and get involved in a relationship right away while some may not start their relationship for years. There are lessons to learn in every soulmate relationship. The changes and evolution of each soulmate relationship is different as well. To compare each journey and path of soulmates is a waste of time.
Comparing soulmate relationships can also cause undue stress and confusion. What methods may have worked to get one soulmate relationship on track may not work other soulmate relationships. Some soulmate relationships do not work out in the end, and some do. It is up to each individual in the couple to determine the success of their soulmate union. This can’t be defined by comparing yourselves to another pair of soulmates, or every soulmate, just the two in the relationship.
Some people will have more than one soulmate relationship in their lifetime, while others do not. If your first encounter with a soulmate did not work out, you may have the chance for another one. If you do have two, or more, soulmate relationships, comparing them is probably not a good idea either. The problems, issues, lessons, and path of each connection will be different. It is best to keep the experiences separate as well. There may be lessons you have learned from a previous soulmate relationship that of course you will not have to learn in the present one. But always remember, there are lessons to be learned and needed growth for each and every one.
When you are in the throes of soulmate drama, comparing your soulmate relationship to one that has weathered the storm will only make you feel worse. It could give you hope for the potential of your own soulmate relationship, if you allow it. But if comparing your soulmate relationship that is in tatters to one that is in bliss and harmony to make you miserable, it is best to refrain from comparison.
You may have lost your patience at this point because you have not yet met your soulmate. When you compare your lack of a soulmate to those who have one, you can become bitter and angry. A sense of self entitlement is not going to attract your soulmate to you. It may attract dysfunctional relationships to you, or none at all. Bitterness, anger, impatience, and entitlement is not the vibration you want to be giving off. Remember, not all of us will get a soulmate in this lifetime. To think you are entitled to one, rather than being gifted one, could be a major mistake on your part. The universe does not owe you a soulmate. Humble yourself and you may just get one.
Is your soulmate an old soul? Could you possibly be two old souls that have come together as a soulmate couple? Because many soulmates have encountered one another over numerous life times, chances are one or both of you could be old souls. So what is an old soul and how can you recognize if you or your partner are old souls?
10 Signs You or Your Soulmate are Old Souls
1. The first sign of an old soul is that they can see the forest through the trees. They tend to not get caught up in the little things nor sweat the small stuff. They are more conscious of the bigger plan and how we are all a part of that plan. Old souls are aware of how everything they do can affect everything and everyone else. Old souls understand we are all pieces of a much bigger picture.
2. Old souls tend to gravitate toward more mature people, especially when they are younger. They may have a hard time relating to people their age and move towards an older crowd or older people. They welcome the wisdom and experience of older people and find them much easier to talk with and relate to. This may cause them to feel different or not fit in with their peers. From a young age an old soul will express wisdom, depth and maturity beyond their years.
3. Old souls tend to focus on quality, not quantity. They do not need material goods to feed their ego or elevate their social status. They are more concerned with the quality of the company they keep, rather than the number of friends they have. Old souls treasure their good friends, which are usually only a few, and acquaintances do not mean as much to them. They are looking for people they can relate to, rather than just pass the time with. If there is no one currently around them who they can relate to, an old soul would prefer to be alone. Superficiality in people is a major turn off to old souls. It may be hard for old souls to find true friends and they would rather hang out in smaller circles than big crowds.
4. Another sign of an old soul is they seem more comfortable being alone than the average person. Old souls embrace their time alone to better understand themselves, understand others, seek wisdom, and enjoy solitary activities. Of course old souls can feel lonely, but they seem to have the ability to entertain themselves rather than need to be entertained by others.
5. Old souls have at one time or another felt as if they do not belong. They see and feel how different they are, and it makes them feel very alone and misunderstood. Many old souls have found themselves at one time or another wishing they were more like everyone else. Other people may have labeled the old soul as a weirdo or strange because they just seem out of place. Old souls can have a hard time growing up due to those labels put upon them by others, especially when they were younger.
6. Old souls quite often know themselves better than others. Because of the time and energy they expend going deep within themselves, they can accept who they are because they know who they are. Old souls seem more willing to acknowledge their strengths and weaknesses at an earlier age. This can lead to self acceptance and awareness at an earlier age as well.
7. An old soul often finds themselves connecting strongly with history. Architecture, art and ruins from certain time period connect with them quite deeply. It can also be a sign of an old soul when a country they have never been to before feels like home to them because they may have been there in one or more past lives.
8. Spirituality, religions and their life’s purpose are of interest to old souls. They may find themselves dabbling in different religions or philosophies until they find what speaks to them. They are hungry for knowledge and steadfast on their question to find more meaning to life. They look for deeper relationships with people and look for meaning in every day experiences.
9. Old souls can tend to be more aware of time. Where many of us let time pass us by, old souls tend to be more aware of how they spend their time. They look to filling their time on earth with what they feel are important experiences, people and knowledge. Old souls do not like to waste their time and can feel there is not enough time to accomplish all they want to. They may feel the pressure to get things done and have more of a sense of urgency than others.
10. People tend to gravitate towards old souls when seeking wisdom. Old souls are easier to talk to and offer wisdom others feel rings true. Many old souls have a way of speaking that others find soothing, comforting and non-judgmental. They feel as if they are talking to an old friend or someone who really understands what they are going through.
If you recognize yourself or your soulmate in the signs listed above, one or both of you may be an old soul. It may be a fun experience to discuss historical interests, time periods and places to see where the intersection of your lives appeared before. Perhaps it will provide some clarity to your current relationship and understand your soulmate contract with one another.
Many times we are asked “How can I meet my soulmate?” If we believe in a truly limitless Universe, we must consider that the way our soulmate can enter our lives is limitless. Soulmate relationships are not something we create or find. Soulmate relationships are somewhat predestined or preordained, as a result of the karmic experiences we agree upon before being born. Soulmate relationships are not something we can seek while here on this earthly plane, but rather people who find each other when the time is right, as written in your soulmate contract. So it’s not so much a question of “How can I meet my soulmate?” but what is the Universe doing to bring them into your life.
When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soulmate exists, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life. ~~Arielle Ford
There is no How Can I Meet My Soulmate club or website. In reality there are not any meditations, visualizations or other metaphysical gimmicks you can do to draw your soulmate to you. You will either meet them in this lifetime… or you won’t. Remember this is something you agreed to experiencing before you were born so a soulmate relationship may not necessarily be part of you soul blue print for this lifetime. Please remember though that DOES NOT mean you will not have a fulfilling, connected, romantically intimate relationship for this lifetime. Actually, you may be better of in a romantic relationship that is not a soulmate relationship as it will not come with the challenges and difficulties associated with a soulmate partnership.
Now all this is well enough said but is there anything at all you can do to meet your soulmate? There are a few things that need to be in place for that soulmate connection to manifest in the earthly plane. First and foremost you need to be working on yourself. By this we mean not just floating through life and reacting to different things that happen to you. You must be focused on yourself. You must be growing, personally and spiritually and you must be taking a proactive approach to the evolution of your soul as you live on the planet.
Soulmates tend to find each other during their respective pursuits of their soul missions. ~ Linda Brady
Now we don’t mean that you need to involved with saving all sea lions or volunteering to feed the hungry children of Africa, although these are both worthwhile endeavors. We mean that you have to be focused on you and your soul’s growth. In other words, focus on why you are here on the planet, whatever that may be. For when you are doing this you are in perfect alignment with your soul blueprint and placing yourself in optimal positioning to meet your soulmate. Work on yourself. Work on your personal and spiritual development. This allows the Universe to see that you are working on your soul path and actually ready to have a soulmate encounter and experience.
COPYRIGHT 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Free will still comes into play in soulmate relationships. We all have free will. God gave it to us so that we can make the choices we want to make for our lives. So, that being said, if God gave us all free will, even soulmates have the right to exercise their own free will to decide whether or not they choose to remain in the relationship. There have been many times when clients have asked how soulmate relationships play out when there is Free Will involved. This is a catch-22, considering ti within the framework of the soulmate contracts we make with each other. Since it is a Soulmate relationship, there is a certain predestined or predetermined agreement that the two of you will meet during this life time. You decided this prior to coming onto the planet, with your guides and other “Universe administration”, when you completed your life contract or blue print, for this life. You and your soulmates agreed that you would meet during this lifetime to provide lessons, personal growth and soul advancement to each other during your journey on Earth.
From this perspective, we are not honoring Free Will because these soulmate meetings are predetermined. Either of you can, however, delay your meeting through your courses of action as well as other life decisions you make. This is where the exercise of Free Will is realized. It could be delayed, the meeting could take place at a different location or under a different set of circumstances, but the two soulmates would still meet. When there is a soulmate contract between two souls, the two souls are bound (as implied to a binding of their souls). For example, if Suzy and Bill are contracted to meet on May 1, 2012 to create a romantic relationship by crossing paths at McDonald’s at the airport in Austin, Texas but Bill decides, on a whim through exercising his Free Will, to extend his Belize vacation a few days because he was having a great time scuba diving. Does this mean they missed their opportunity to meet? Nope! I just means that their meeting will take place at a later time.
Because Bill and Suzy are soulmates and contracted to each other to meet and begin a romantic relationship, it will happen. In a way it is part of their destiny that is etched in stone. While everyone does have Free Will to decide the course of action they will take in their daily lives, a soul contract or soulmate relationship is one of those karmic associations and agreements that has a path of destiny attached to it. If you are contracted and destined to meet you will, you just may not know the when and how of it as each of you exercise your free will and choices along the path of your life. As many karmic situations in our lives, they can often occur with what I like to call the clock of God, the Universal clock, in other words divine timing. This essentially means probably no one, except maybe God/dess, will know exactly when the timing of the meeting of your soulmate relationship will be. It will happen according to God/dess plan and the plan that you wrote in your soulmate contract with your soulmate. In actuality you probably provided for several different options in terms of meeting each other, not forcing it to be fit into one time slot because to do so would have violated your free will. You will meet, relax and do something fun for awhile.
Do you want to know how free will could possibly affect your soulmate relationship? Do you need to know if your soulmate could exercise their free will and decide to permanently end your relationship or use their free will to come back to you? A psychic soulmate reading with soulmate psychics Lady Sarah and Sophia Elise can reveal any free will decisions your soulmate could made concerning your relationship. But dont’ worry, it will also reveal any free will decisions of your own that you could be making that you may not yet know about. Knowing what to expect in your soulmate relationship keeps you prepared for what is coming and keeps you on track as your soulmate works through their own issues.
When will I meet my soulmate? We hear that question so often. So many people want to know how they can find their soulmate, when they will find their soulmate and where they will find their soulmate. The best answer we can give to the “When will I meet my Soulmate?” question is…stop searching, stop looking and stop seeking. Do you remember the Buddhist proverbial quote, “When the Student is ready the Master will appear”? It is very similar with soulmates and soulmate relationships. When your soul is ready to meet, have a relationship and the lessons for personal growth and expansion that go with a soulmate relationship, the soulmate will come into your life. So basically when the soul is ready, your soulmate will come into your life.
So what exactly can you do to be ready to meet your soulmate? As previously mentioned in other posts, Is Life Incomplete Without Your Soulmate, the best way to meet your soulmate is to work on yourself. In working on yourself, either through meditation, personal therapy counseling, self-help books, personal growth seminars or studies, lectures, going to school or anything that causes the soul to expand and grow, you show the Universe (God, the angels, the archetypes, the Divine Source, Spirit) that you are ready to grow and evolve. When they see this, the likelihood of your soulmate entering your life increases exponentially.
When you are doing your own personal work, growing and evolving spiritually, as well as maybe intellectually and emotionally, you are creating the space for your soulmate to enter. If you life is cluttered with a too busy schedule, too many social obligations, too much work, gym time or volunteer work, you are sending the message out to the heavens that you are just too busy to work on yourself. Your life is too hectic for spiritual growth and you just don’t have the time to meet someone new, much less a soulmate to begin a soulmate relationship. De-clutter, de-stress, and focus on yourself and what you want in your life. If it is a relationship, great then put that out there to the universe. If it is a new car, then put that out there too. Heck I am have seen some guys get so overwhelmed with their new cars, you would think they were the soulmate relationship of their dreams.. but I digress.
Regardless of what a lot of people think, soulmate relationships are here to teach us about life and about love. More than likely unconditional love is the greatest life lesson soulmate relationships can bring to us. We must consider the ascended masters ( Jesus, Buddha, etc.) came to bring and teach unconditional love to the world and they had some major hardships to endure also. Likewise with your soulmate relationship. Now I am not indicating you will be tortured and killed, and certainly not equating your trials and tribulations to those of Jesus, but you will have to endure some difficulties in that soulmate relationship to assist you in becoming a better person. And some of those trials and tribulations will be difficult. If a soulmate relationship is to teach you about unconditional love, they have to be. And by the end of it, you might feel like you are dying. But remember it is about change, transformation and becoming a better person and greater soul.
Your soulmate is not someone you can seek. Your soulmate is not someone who will seek you. You probably will not find your soulmate if you are looking for him (or her). Soulmates come together by destiny or fate. Only by stopping the search, focusing on yourself and working on yourself will your soulmate materialize. That is the fastest, surest, easiest way for your soulmate to show up in your life. Focus on you. Take a class. Do a project. Learn to dance. Take Yoga. Meditate. Take several classes. But do something that will help with your own personal growth that will be beneficial for you even if it takes longer for your soulmate to appear. Do it for the right reasons. Do it for yourself. Go through the growth. Become the person you aspire to be and then the soulmate will appear during that journey of personal transformation. And with it, will come some lessons to help you grow and evolve more toward your perfection of understanding and experiencing the giving of unconditional love.
So many people have also asked us when they will met their soulmates. It is not really a question of linear time, however. You will meet your soulmate when your soul is ready to meet, really according to divine timing, so to speak. You are brought together by fate and destiny to fulfill an agreement the two of you made, or contracted with each other, before you were born. That soulmate contract stands and you will meet in this life time in order to meet and achieve some personal goals and agendas you setup for yourself, as well as the goals and agendas your soulmate defined for themselves. This is what it is all about. Can your meeting be delayed? Sure. One of you could exercise your free will and make a choice or life decision that could delay your meeting but there is a certain binding to a soulmate contract that indicates you will meet during this lifetime.
Are you looking for your soulmate ? Do you long to meet them or want to know if you will meet them during your lifetime? Are you asking yourself “When will I meet my soulmate?” A soulmate reading with Lady Sarah or Sophia Elise can answer all kinds of questions related to your soulmate or twin flame relationship. Do you want to know what you must achieve or overcome so your soulmate can come into your life? Do you want to know what part of your own personal growth you might be missing that could be potentially causing the delay of the soulmate entering your life? What life lessons must you learn or what thing must you overcome so you can meet your soulmate? Sarah and Sophia are both 5-star relationship soulmate experts who can answer any of your questions regarding love, romance, relationships and soulmates.